Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (16)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

Born Wicked
By Jessica Spotswood
Release Date: Februrary 7th
Summary: A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy 

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave. 

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra. 

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.




After reading the first sentence of this summary, I got really excited. I really enjoyed A Great And Terrible Beauty and I love Cassandra Clare, so this book already sounds good. Then, when I got to reading more into it, I got even more excited. Reading from old diaries has always interested me, so Cate learning about the past from her mother's diary really makes me want to read this. Add in a forbidden romance and the choice between being a witch or marriage and you've got yourself one awesome sounding book! The cover also adds to the appeal of this novel because it's just so gosh darn pretty! I already featured it as a shelf candy worthy cover, so it's not hard to see how excited I am for this book to come out! 

10 comments:

  1. This one is on it's way to me and I can't wait to get it! It's going to get moved up the TBR pile immediately it sounds so good!!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to reading this book. Another cool 2012 debut!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting on this book too! Cant wait til it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this one a bit lately! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I cant wait for this one either I LOVE the cover!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cover!


    here are my WOW picks. stop by?!?!
    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome :) The comment about Cassandra Clare got me :D Thanks for sharing!

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica,
    This book sounds good. I think I'll just have to put it on my wishlist.
    Isabella
    http://bookgardenreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...