Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Author Interview: Miranda Kenneally

I am SO excited to announce that today I have an interview with Miranda Kenneally, author of Catching Jordan! Her novel was published this past December, so she is here to share with us a little bit about herself!



Miranda Kenneally is the author of CATCHING JORDAN, a contemporary YA novel about football and femininity, coming in December 2011. Other books include STEALING PARKER (fall 2012) and BAD, BAD THING (spring 2013). Miranda is the co-creator of Dear Teen Me. The Dear Teen Me Anthology will be published by Zest Books (distributed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) in late 2012. She enjoys reading and writing young adult literature, and loves Star Trek, music, sports, Mexican food, Twitter, coffee, and her husband. Follow her on Twitter or Facebook. Miranda is represented by Sara Megibow at Nelson Literary Agency.




In three words, how would you describe Catching Jordan?
Football, Friends, and Food. 

If you could be anyone from Catching Jordan, who would you be and why? 
I'd probably be Marie. She's so kind and down to Earth. Although, I wish I could be like Jordan and have a crazy metabolism allowing me to eat anything I want all the time. 

Catching Jordan is focused around football and I know your next book, Stealing Parker is about a girl falling for the baseball coach. Why did you choose to use sports as the main focus in your young adult novels?
Well, I've always liked teams and relationships amongst players on teams. Also, I love sports in general. I've written some stuff that don't really focus on sports. My third book, which doesn't really have a title yet so I'm calling it Bad, Bad Thing, takes place at a summer camp. There isn't really a sports focus to it.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
Work too much. Read YA romances. Go out for Mexican food!

What's your favorite color? 
Blue! (or I could say "clear" like Ty does in Catching Jordan. He says his favorite color is clear, especially when it comes to women's bathing suits)

What's your favorite book and why? 
My favorite book is Graceling by Kristin Cashore because Katsa is incredibly badass, yet damaged, and works hard to overcome what she considers to be her flaws. Also, Po is my favorite love interest ever. I think my husband is jealous of Po.

Tell us a bit about your next book Stealing Parker! When should we expect to see it in stores? 
Stealing Parker comes out in October 2012. It's set at the same school as Catching Jordan, so you'll see some familiar faces. The book is about a 17-year-old girl named Parker, who after an incident, decides to quit the softball team. She becomes the manager for the baseball team, where she starts to fall for the new coach, who's 23.

I want to thank Miranda so much for being a guest on Peace Love Books today! If you haven't yet, check out her book Catching Jordan! Trust me it's awesome! You can check out my review right here! Here's some info about Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker (October 2012). 

Catching Jordan
Release Date: December 1, 2011
Summary: What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.








Stealing Parker
Release Date: October 2012
Summary: About a 17-year-old girl named Parker who falls for the new 23-year-old coach of the baseball team. 

Companion to Catching Jordan.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Click Here
    Aeriagames.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...